Sunday, May 24, 2015

2014 Kia Cadenza: I'm Lovin' It



I'm about to make a pretty bold statement: I love our long-term 2014 Kia Cadenza. Like, legitimate love. I've been driving it for more than a month now, and I'm living in a state of fear that one of the other staffers might to try to take it away from me. There is just so much to love about this car!

Loaded With Luxury

I'm a luxury girl through and through, and the Cadenza offers all the high-end features you'll ever need: dual-zone automatic climate control, a lane-departure warning system, a panoramic sunroof, a heated steering wheel, heated and cooled front seats plus heated rear seats, a backup camera and an 8-inch touchscreen with Kia's UVO infotainment system and navigation. Seriously, why haven't I seen more of these cars on the road? At around $40,000 new or $27,000 used, the Cadenza is currently one of the best deals going.

Pretty Perfect

The Cadenza is a good-looking car that constantly conjures second glances from people trying to figure out what it is. Every time I walk up to it in a parking lot, I'm reminded of how attractive it is. It's like a favorite pair of shoes that make you feel prettier when you wear them (I'm looking at you, Jimmy Choo sparkly pumps). The interior is just as nice, too, with its beautiful 2-toned seats and luxurious leather finishes.

A Few Flaws

OK, the 2014 Kia Cadenza isn't perfect. There are a few names in my address book that the voice command system simply can't figure out (just an FYI, saying them louder doesn't help). Also, if I'm on the phone and get in the car, the call won't switch over to Bluetooth, which drives me crazy. But I'm more than willing to live with these flaws when the Cadenza is otherwise so good. I can't help it; I'm smitten.

No comments: